PRUDA is the R & D wing of All India Institute of Local Self Government (AIILSG), a premier institute in the field of Urban Development and Governance. PRUDA was established in June 2004 with the aim to carry out people oriented sustainable development planning.
PRUDA is involved in comprehensive urban planning and management project with Government of India and various state governments and urban local bodies to make urban areas a much more livable place.
PRUDA is also involved in Large Scale Survey projects through mobile based applications and developing Web Based Server for Management Information System (MIS).
FIELD OF EXPERTISE:
- Urban and Infrastructure Planning: PRUDA’s activities are focused on small & medium towns where proper planning and institutional hand – holding enables them to provide better quality services to citizens and make cities self sustainable in various aspects.
- Urban Reforms & Governance: Implementation of mandatory and optional reforms under JNNURM is essential for financial and operational sustainability of ULBs. PRUDA continues implementing various reforms including GIS based property tax and municipal accounting reforms in different parts of the country
- Urban Poverty & Community Development: PRUDA has been engaged in development of projects, evaluation and impact assessment of government and non-government schemes and programs, research and documentation and organizing various debates and discussions around this thrust area.
- Urban Environment & Disaster Management: PRUDA’s main activities in this sector are focused on:
- Capacity building for Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) among Urban Local Bodies
- Solid Waste Management related projects
- The formulation of strategies for community participation in Waste Management.
- Support global efforts to combat the challenge of climate change
- Efficient energy consumption (energy audit)
- Support relief and rehabilitation projects of ULBs
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): PRUDA provides PPP solutions for different projects. PRUDA undertakes capacity building & health related projects under CSR from national & international corporate entities.
PRUDA is preparing City Development Plans for 7 towns of Rajgarh District which includes the town Rajgarh, Khilchipur, Khujner, Pachore, Boda, Talen and Zirapur. The assignment is prepared for Urban Administration and Development Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh.Read more...
Maheshwar (Hindi:महेश्वर) is a town in Khargone district of Madhya Pradesh state, in central India. It is located 13 km east of National Highway 3 (Agra-Mumbai highway) and 91 km from Indore, the commercial capital of the state. The town lies on the north bank of the Narmada River. It was the capital of the ‘Holkar‘ clan of the Maratha Confederacy till they acceded to the Union of India. As of 2001…Read more...
Omkareshwar (Hindi: ओंकारेश्वर) is a Hindu temple dedicated to God Shiva. It is one of the 12 revered Jyotirlinga shrines of Shiva. It is on an island called Mandhata or Shivapuri in the Narmada river; the shape of the island is said to be like the Hindu ॐ symbol. There are two temples here, one to Omkareshwar (whose name means “Lord of Omkaara or the Lord of the Om Sound”)…Read more...
PRUDA prepares CSP of Mandu under Government of India’s National Urban Sanitation Policy (NUSP) Mandu (माण्डू مَنضُ) or Mandavgad is a ruined city in the Dhar district in the Malwa region of western Madhya Pradesh state, central India. The distance between Dhar & Mandu is about 35 km. In the 11th century, Mandu was the sub division of the Tarangagadh or Taranga.Read more...
PRUDA prepares CSP of Orchha under National Urban Sanitation Policy of Government of India.Read more...
PRUDA Prepares CSP of AMARKANTAK. The project is likely to complete by December 2012.Read more...